Privacy Statement & Policy
PRIVACY STATEMENT & POLICY
1. Revolve Pilates ABN 18 520 121 976 (hereinafter referred to as “Revolve Pilates”), like other companies operating in Australia, is bound by the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
2. This privacy statement and policy explains, in general terms, how Revolve Pilates ("us" or "we") protects the privacy of your personal information under the National Privacy Principles. It will apply to any personal information you provide to us when registering, setting up an account, placing an order, or purchasing products with us.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3. The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us. For example, when you wish to purchase a product from our website or through our store, we may collect details such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, delivery address, payment information, financial information such as your bank account details, transaction information, telephone numbers and other information relevant to your purchase.
4. As we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of "sensitive information”, we will assume that you have given consent to the collection of all information you have provided to us for use in accordance with this statement unless you tell us otherwise.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
5. We may collect personal information about you when you visit our website, when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), or when you have contact with us in person. We will not collect any personal information without your consent. We consider that your consent is granted when you complete the fields necessary to facilitate a transaction through our website, or when you voluntarily provide us with details over the telephone or send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email).
COOKIES AND ONLINE ACTIVITY
6. For statistical purposes we may collect information on website activity (such as the number of users who visit our websites, the date and time of visits, the number of pages viewed, navigation patterns, what country and what systems users have used to access the site and, when entering one of our websites from another website, the address of that website) through the use of ‘cookies’. This information, on its own, does not identify an individual but it does provide us with statistics that can be used to analyze and improve our website.
7. A ‘cookie’ is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses the website) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. When you use our website, we send you a cookie that gives you a unique identification number. A different identification number is sent each time you use our website. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they do identify a user’s browser type and they may identify your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
8. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use our website.
9. Cookies may collect information such as your “internet protocol” (IP) address, server address, domain name and information on your browsing activities when visiting one of our websites.
THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
10. Revolve Pilates will collect your personal information for the following purposes:
(a) To facilitate your access to our website.
(b) To deliver products you have ordered from us.
(c) To conduct marketing activities from time-to-time.
(d) Develop and improve our products and services.
(e) To provide you with information about our products and services.
(f) Better understand your requirements and preferences.
(g) Provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you.
(h) Carrying out certain checks (for example, for our fraud and theft prevention processes).
(i) Carrying out any activity in connection with legal, government or regulatory requirements.
11. Some of the personal information we collect is essential for us to be able to accurately identify who is using the service. Other types of personal information we collect help us to develop a profile of who is using our service and what their interests are.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
12. We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes. We engage third-party contractors to perform services for us which involves the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example, we currently engage third party contractors to:
(a) Deliver products purchased from this website
(b) Provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services
13. In these situations, the third-party contractor is strictly prohibited from using any personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we have supplied.
14. We may be required to disclose your personal information to various law enforcement agencies to comply with State or Commonwealth Legislation. Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information, without your consent, unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised by you, required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
15. Where possible or without diminishing the purpose of the disclosure, we try to ensure that our disclosure of information to other organisations (e.g., researchers, marketers and other organisations with whom with we have commercial arrangements) is in a way which does not personally identify the individuals.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
16. We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles.
17. If you require access to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before providing you with access to your personal information, we will require some proof of identity. For most requests, your information will be provided to you free of charge
18. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort or resources on our part.
19. We may use your personal information that we have collected to promote and market products and services to you, including through methods such as email. We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes where you have opted out of receiving such communications.
20. Please note that when you create an account with us your details will be added to our marketing database to receive information relating to our products. You may also choose to receive such information by subscribing to our marketing database via one of our websites.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING
21. To opt-out of receiving our marketing materials, you will need to unsubscribe from our marketing database.
22. Emails: Select the 'unsubscribe' option in one of the emails that you've received from us to unsubscribe from email marketing, this option can usually be found at the bottom of the email. Please note that if you have an account with us, we may still need to send you essential information about your account, that does not contain marketing material.
23. Alternatively, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us directly (via email) and making a written request, identifying your name, address, email and telephone number.
ACCURACY OF YOUR INFORMATION
24. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please let us know.
25. Where we hold your personal information in conjunction with that of another individual or individuals (e.g., where you jointly conduct an account), we will allow each individual access to their own personal information and to the joint information (eg. outstanding invoices and transaction details) but not to the personal information of the other individual(s).
26. We will securely hold your personal information and we will not trade, rent or sell it.
27. Personal information may be stored both electronically on our computer system, and in hard- copy form.
28. Your personal information will be destroyed in accordance with our internal documention retention polices and practices.
RESOLVING YOUR CONCERNS
29. If you have any questions or would like further information about our privacy and information handling practices, please contact us at:
The General Manager
Postal Address PO BOX 504, Round Corner, NSW 2158, Australia
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on email@example.com.